ANNUAL FALL RETREAT - OCTOBER 25-28, 2012, Ocean Outage House, Gulf Shores, AL
Helloooo Divas!
We had so much fun on our Beach Retreat weekend. We took an extra day this year and left on Thursday and came back on Sunday. Pat, Karen, Paula, Betty, Joyce, Mary and I had a great time. The trip down was good and I for one didn't take my whole scrapbook room so I was a little more relaxed on this trip. Mary was our host for our October scrapbook club. I gave her a pardon since we were going to be at the beach but she was a true champ and went above and beyond. She made us breakfast Friday morning, waffles (oooo, melt in your mouth delish), and bacon, (eggs were offered but the cakes were the best). The presents were wonderful too! Karen and I matched pieces lol. She received a snack plate with a dip bowl in the center and I received the long square serving dish in the same color. I love that thing, it's on my bar all the time. Pat got a Santa candy holder, so cute and the list just went on! Thank you Mary for all that you did to make our day fun. Pat and Betty walked on the beach and found a lot of shells and I think drift wood. We ate at King Neptunes, The Original Oyster House and Mary, Karen, Betty and Paula went to Cosmos Saturday night before the Alabama game. They were just full of praises for the food. I just love getting together with all of you, it's always such a good time.
We talked about several things before leaving there and I wanted to let you know what was decided:
We will research other possible locations for our next crop, even though we love this place. Some suggestions were:
-Prattville - Bed and Breakfast, they have a large room for scrapbooking complete with plugs, workstations, mini kitchen.
- The Mountains We haven't conquered them yet.
-The Beach, different location
-Everyone is to be thinking about where they might want to go.
We voted to meet at a restaurant for our December meeting instead of a crop. We will do an ornament exchange via dirty Santa. How fun is that??
Joyce is going to make us a CD of the pictures from the beach. Thanks Joyce!!
We will continue with bi-monthly crops with the following changes:
This year we will have two people host the crops.
Hostesses are responsible for securing the location of the crop, food and drink.
We decided not to give prizes at the crops this year.
No crops in November or December
December will be the Christmas get together
July we will have our Summer party, possibly at Paula's house. More details later.
The Hostesses for the year are:
January - Pat/Kim
March - Mary/Karen
May - Kathy/Joyce
September - Betty/Paula
HOWEVER, we are up to crop anytime so just let us know if you want to crop and we'll be there.
Betty has a new address, please update your books:
1471 Riverview Beach Road
Moundville, AL 35474
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment